I Support The Girls doesn’t just collect and distribute basic necessities to girls and women experiencing homelessness. We are also fierce advocates for their rights.
Through countless speaking engagements and lobbying efforts, we are providing visibility for those who go unnoticed by society. Our founder and Executive Director, Dana Marlowe, has spoken at numerous events and conferences across the country. She has spoken to
- The Coca Cola Company’s annual women’s conference
- U.S. State Department and Department of Labor employees
- Corporate executives at Oracle, Hyatt Hotels, Snaggajob and Synchrony
- Yale and New York University faculty and students
- The AFL-CIO American Federation of Teachers, Nursing and Health Professionals
- Deloitte International participants at an event titled “Menstrual Hygiene Matters: Breaking the Silence and Social Stigmas”
- Supporters of Planned Parenthood
- The annual National Bnai Brith Youth Organization Conference
- Members of the Daughters of the American Revolution
and many more. Dana uses these speaking engagements to make participants aware of how a woman on the streets cannot afford tampons and how a bra is considered a luxury. Until Dana’s talk, most listeners had never even considered how women experiencing homelessness lack these basic necessities.
To request Dana or other ISTG executives to speak at your next event, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you soon.