- We donate to registered organizations, with others considered on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual, please find an affiliate near you to connect you to a location that distributes our donations.
- If you are collecting for a project or putting together care packages, we are happy to help you by sending you information on how to hold a successful drive. Simply fill out the drive registration form above. Thanks!
- We are unable currently to pay shipping costs to send you products. If you are near an affiliate, we can easily connect with you. If not, please be prepared to cover your shipping costs. We can provide an estimate for planning purposes.
Menstrual Hygiene Products
- Donate to your local affiliate. See our affiliate locations here.
- Mail them toI Support the Girls P.O. Box 2736 Silver Spring, Maryland 20915
Disaster Relief – Summer of 2017
- What was needed? Your period doesn’t stop because of a hurricane! Thousand of girls and women were evacuated from their homes without a chance to pack personal items, including bras and feminine hygiene products. This means they lack the most basic, personal items and temporary shelters unfortunately do not have enough for everyone.
- How did people help? I Support the Girls has 3 Texas affiliates (in Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio), an affiliate in south Florida and in Charleston, SC which worked around the clock to provide donated products for evacuees. Tens of thousands of products were donated from across the U.S. and some of the donated products were shipped to Puerto Rico to help those affected by Hurricane Maria. ISTG requested sealed menstrual products and/or new or washed gently used bras and you responded in a big way!
- If I didn’t have products, could I make a financial donation? Yes. Monetary funds helped us pay for storage, shipping and product distribution costs. People donated via Paypal, our Crowdrise campaign or donated products via an Amazon wishlist we set up.
- Were tax receipts available for donations? Yes. Please see the “Tax Deduction” section above for more details.
- Has I Support the Girls helped with disaster relief before? Unfortunately we are experienced with mobilizing quickly and helping during a time of need. We have delivered tens of thousands of products, almost immediately, to people affected by: 1) the Baton Rouge, LA Flooding in 2016 2) Hurricane Matthew, NC in 2016 3) Gatlinburg Wildfires in TN 4) Silver Spring Apartment Complex fires in 2016 and in the summer of 2017 we delivered tens of thousands of products to those affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Because our affiliate network covers all regions of the U.S., we can mobilize quickly to help meet the need. Our affiliates reach out to their local networks in order to solicit and funnel donations to the affected areas.
This is a testimonial blockquote. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Donec velit neque, auctor sit amet aliquam vel, ullamcorper sit amet ligula. Donec sollicitudin molestie malesuada. Sed porttitor lectus nibh. Cras ultricies ligula sed magna dictum porta.
– Quote Source